Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Mt. Rushmore of Movies - 4 most epic Sam Rockwell dancing scenes

By s. Wednesday, February 21, 2018
One of my favorite people on this planet and someone I love so much that I won't murder him for losing Frost/Nixon bluray BEFORE he even watched it, m.brown is hosting his, apparently, annual Mt. Rushmore of Movies blogathon.

Here are the rules:
To participate, simply choose the top four of anything cinematic and explain why they should be carved into the side of a mountain forever. Remember, these are real people carved into imaginary rock - so choose wisely! 
1. I'd like to have all posts done by Friday, March 2nd (where I'll create a master list, linking back to all of your, er, both of your sites), but it's cool if you finish way before that. Or later. I honestly don't mind.  
2. Send me a heads up/steamy nude pic on twitter @twodollarcinema , reply in the comments below, text me, e-mail me (twodollarcinema@gmail.com), fart in my general direction, whatever you want, when you've finished, okay? That would be mighty kind of you.  
3. In your post, please use the rad banner my wife designed when she should have been working. 
4. Share the announcement with every single person you've ever met. Or being that we're all bloggers, you're digital friends.  
5. Be awesome. And if you're here, already know that you are anyway.

Last year I did 4 favorite Ed Harris' characters and four years ago I did four favorite male characters. This year we are gonna celebrate Sam Rockwell, because of course we will. But more specifically we are gonna celebrate the four scenes in which Sam Rockwell dances in movies. He does this A LOT so there were plenty to choose from:

4. The Way Way Back
This may be cheating because I just love the character he is playing here so much - everybody does, right? - as this is a short scene in which he is dancing BUT I'm featuring it here because 1. it contains some of Sam's signature moves 2. the outfit he is wearing which is all sorts of rad. Oh, Owen. There are no words to express how badly I want to shoot out of the water slide and land right on your face.


3. Mr. Right
That movie is not good but it's worth watching for Sam, as are all his movies. There's an adorable scene where a hit man is trying to shoot Sam's character, as he is on a date.  As he is dodging bullets he is pretending to want to dance with his date and she doesn't notice there is anything wrong going on. Yep. If he was dancing with me, I wouldn't notice the bullets flying around me either. I wouldn't even noticed if one hit me and I DIED.

2. Charlie's Angels
This is perhaps the most iconic dancing scene Sam has ever done. It's amazing how much he can do in this movie, given the quality of material he is working with but his work as Eric Knox is definitely the film's highlight and his dancing moment is insanely sinister, sexy and unforgettable. As a bonus, in the ending credits he actually does the split.  Thankfully it goes well and not like this which is something that I fear may happen every time he attempts that. For God's sake, think of the Rooster.
1. The Winning Season
This is such an under-seen and absolutely adorable movie. In it, Sam plays a coach of girls' basketball team. His character is a mess but he is also a good person who, over the course of the movie, starts caring about the team. So much in fact, that after he is fired, he is determined to sneak into their final game - even if it means biking furiously to get there and then painting his body red, wearing ridiculous blue wig and tights (my God, how was this film PG-13) and dancing for the crowd's amusement. That scene is really...a treat.


If you are still conscious after reading this, go and participate in m.brown's blogathon immediately!

28 comments:

  1. I haven't even heard of half these movies, but he's got some serious moves. Happy that he's finally getting the recognition he deserves!!! Also, he's amazing in Charlie's Angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG watch those! Mr. Right is a mess but Sam is playing a former hitman and is scruffy in it :P

      Delete
  2. OMG this post is life! Also, WHY ON EARTH HAVEN'T I SEEN THESE MOVIES YET?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY INDEED GURL WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING INSTEAD?!

      Delete
  3. I've only seen The Way Way Back and Charlies Angels which I actively disliked lol. These gifs are excellent though. I'd probably watch The Winning Season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam Rockwell.... he needs to be in a musical. The guy can dance. If I ever get the chance to become a filmmaker, maybe I can get him to be in my David Bowie musical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate musicals but I'd watch one with him :)

      Delete
  5. Sam Rockwell is the best thing among his movies. Also, yes to more people watching The Winning Season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is suck a dick move, Sati. Unbelievable, really.

    I may have never shared this with you, but one of my favorite things in the history of time...is, and I kid you not, a man who can dance like a motherf--ker. It's even better if said man basically does this OUT OF NOWHERE. Mr. Rockwell's movies are legendary, sure, but in every movie I've ever seen him dance in...it's not like it was a given. It just happens...AND IT'S TREMENDOUS.

    And you go and put four of the best things ever in one monument? I'm dead. DEAD.



    (thanks for the brilliance as always! [dammit])
    [sign me up for Mr. Right, btw]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of course instead of watching a wonderful movie like The Winning Season YOU would immediately go for the terrible one like Mr. Right :P You deserve that particular dick move ^^

      Delete
    2. Such! That was supposed to say SUCH.

      Yikes.

      Delete
    3. I didn't even notice :D

      Actually considering the subject, 'suck' applies better.

      Delete
  7. While I like Rockwell I’m far from a superfan. But let me say he steals the whole show in The Way, Way Back. Every time I get a glimpse of him from it I crack up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like the movie as a whole but YES, Sam is so amazing in it!

      Delete
  8. He is a fine actor and great dancer, I'm very jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this. Rockwell can boogie and I absolutely adore it. I thought Charlie's Angels was a lock to win this, but hell, I haven't even seen The Winning Season! Need to change that asap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so wonderful in that movie. It's also such a warm, adorable film!

      Delete
  10. I can't believe you didn't mention the striptease dance from Conviction.. it would definitely make my list of his epic dances! But that being said, this list is epic and I love every bit of it! The Winning Season was indeed a good movie, but I think The Way Way Back is better... But I know I'm in the minority with that opinion.

    Oh and I will for sure do a Sam Rockwell one too, it will be up on Wednesday!! :)

    PS: Only a little jealous you poster yours first, I mean, I could have easily done a dance-rushmore too but I guess it was meant to be because I finally realised my topic, and I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'VE FORGOTTEN! I think it's because I think of it as 'Sam shows his ass' scene and not 'Sam dances' scene :P

      Well this is what happens when I give him my full attention and you are watching some Netflix show! #shade :)

      Delete
  11. I laughed so much when you said 'think of the rooster'. Hehehe :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, that just seems risky for the penis to do.

      Delete
    2. I mean for its well being....I'll stop now.

      Delete
    3. bahahahaha!!! you really crack me up sati, never stop blogging!! :)

      Delete
  12. Wise choices! This makes my picks seem a little.... crappy. I need to see more Rockwell movies. I watched Moon again and loved it, again. I haven't seen any of the ones you listed but dayum he can move!!!

    As always, thanks for getting me onto an actor/movie. You do that a lot, it is much appreciated!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go see more of his stuff, even terrible movies are worth it because he always brings his A game

      Delete