Monday, December 19, 2011

Scene of the Week: Winter Holidays Edition - Love Actually

By s. Monday, December 19, 2011 , ,
directed by Richard Curtis
To me, you are perfect

The scene: In one of most beautiful and touching confessions of love in the history of cinema Mark (Andrew Lincoln) decides to tell Juliet (Keira Knightley) - his best friend's wife, with whom he secretly been in love with and didn't act on it because of the friendship with her husband - that he loves her. He doesn't use a single word - he holds paper sheets with words in front of her, while "Silent Night" plays on the boom box. After he is done, he smiles and walks away. Juliet catches up to him and kisses him, although they both know she will stay with her husband.



3 comments:

  1. Nawwww, I'm going to watch this movie sometime before Christmas as it always gets me into the spirit. Plus, I just finished watching The Walking Dead season one last week, and I have a huge crush on Andrew Lincoln at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he is super cute I'm glad he finally starts getting recognized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bit! Can't help but love this scene. Strictly during the winter season, of course. But I love me some Andrew Lincoln, a la Walking Dead like everyone else. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete